Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Shack

Personal Writer's Challenge

Oh, hey, check it out! It is the first day of October. This year I have decided to post a short scary story for each day of this month. Yes. That means 31 short stories. This is going to be fun! Now, that does not mean I will write every single day. I may write a couple of extras for Sundays and for any other day when I do not have time to write out a story. I will also post a couple of old stories that I have tucked away. As for today, I want to share my first brainchild which inspired me to start writing for fun at the age of eleven. Okay, I truly began to write when I got into 9th grade but this story is still essentially the beginning of beginnings. Keep in mind I do not have the original page with me but I still did my best to rewrite it word for word back in 2008, bad grammar and all. So, without further ado I would like to introduce you to:

The Shack

As the little girl runs down the street, she carries a candy bag on her arm since she is trick or treating tonight. Her name is Kelly and she is nine years old. Then she runs up to a shack and wants to explore in it. She has always liked exploring in strange and odd places. Kelly opens the shack's door and walks into it. Then she hears something...she wonders what it is...then the door shuts! A couple cockroaches come out of the shadows, Kelly screams and climbs on top of an old battered table. Then she notices a ghost appearing, a bat turning into a vampire, and a huge monster. Kelly screams "HELP!"

She wakes up screaming. Kelly stops screaming after realizing where she is now. Calming down, Kelly looks around and notices she is back in her bed in her foster parents' house. Then she hears something. She hopes its just the old pipes in the walls but something about the sound made her hair stand up on the back of her neck. She looks underneath her bed to check if it’s only her little brother and sister, who are twins, making the sound. She says "Mike! Lucy! You better not be under my bed or I'm going to tell Sarah!" Sarah is her foster mom and the twins' mom. She looks under her bed and..."AAAHHH!"

Stay tuned for tomorrow's story: Swingset

No comments:

Post a Comment